AEROMÉXICO CLOSES WITH TURBULENCE IN 1T20 BY COVID-19

Apr 23, 2020 09:30 AM

Aeroméxico's cargo revenues closed 1Q20 in one thousand 009 million pesos (mp), a decrease of 7% compared to the same period of the previous year, “mainly as a result of the weakness in various long-range markets, as well as the reduction in the demand for the global pandemic of COVID-19 ”, according to the airline.

Meanwhile, ticket revenue, which represented 90% of total revenue, ended at 12,706 million pesos, a decrease of 15.1 percent. International ticket revenue represented 60.9% of total ticket revenue, while domestic ticket revenue accounted for the remaining 39.1%.

In the period, Grupo Aeroméxico transported 4,179,000 passengers, a decrease of 17.6% compared to the first quarter of 2019. This, considering that passengers on international routes decreased 24.5%, while passengers on domestic routes decreased 13.6 percent.

According to the report to the airline's 1Q20, expenses for that period, including equipment rental and depreciation, totaled 15,865 million pesos, which represented a decrease of 5.2% compared to the same period in 2019.